• We hope you enjoy our final edition of The Wred Feather Newspaper for the 2023-24 School Year!

The Wred Feather

The Student News Site of Wredling Middle School

The Wred Feather

The Wred Feather

What’s the Deal with Taylor Swift?

Love It or Leave It…

We all know who Taylor Swift is; some say she’s an amazing music artist, and others think she’s an overrated singer who hogs the spotlight. Some say that she is the star of our generation, while others think she destroys good people for fun by including them in her songs. But we’re not here for opinions; we are here for the facts! And we are here to figure out whether Taylor Swift is the amazing pop star many think she is. Or if she’s an average pop star who got a little too cocky in the spotlight.

But first, Let’s look at some facts.

LOVE IT:

• Taylor donates millions of dollars to various causes and charities, including the American Red Cross and the New York City Department of Education.
  • She is considered a role model for young girls as she promotes self-esteem and staying true to yourself and values.

LEAVE IT:

• Even though her first songs were good, most people say that she reuses the lyrics and beats repeatedly while making the next ones just as similar as the rest.
  • Her songs written about famous ex-boyfriends have caused much attention and damage to their lives. Taylor’s loyal fans (Swifties) had to be called out by Taylor herself at a recent concert for harassing and bullying the men who had been romantically linked to Swift.

Many people still have different opinions of Taylor Swift, but the situation with Travis Kelce has been the most controversial this year. On October 2, 2023, the couple announced that they were dating. This increased sales for Travis Kelces’s jerseys by more than 400%. This sparked disagreements between the Swifties and the Kelces. Both sides argue whether or not Taylor is responsible for Kelce’s increased popularity. 

In conclusion, many people still adore Taylor Swift, while some even claim to hate her.  I hope that this short article confirms your opinion of Taylor Swift because I know it has mine. Through all these facts and opinions, the question remains… 

This poll has ended.

Is it time to LOVE or to LEAVE Taylor Swift?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

View Comments (9)