• We hope you enjoy our final edition of The Wred Feather Newspaper for the 2023-24 School Year!

The Wred Feather

The Student News Site of Wredling Middle School

The Wred Feather

The Wred Feather

May- Special Days to Celebrate

May- Special Days to Celebrate

Summer vacation is almost here! Read on to find about some special days in May you can celebrate.

May is also AAPI Heritage Month. We honor people with Asian American and/or Pacific Islander roots.  We also celebrate and recognize the important role Asian Americans, Pacific Islanders, and Native Hawaiians have played in our history!

Days in May worth celebrating!

• Cinco de Mayo! (May 5th, 2024)

“Cinco de Mayo” is the Spanish equivalent of “The fifth of May.” This holiday is celebrated in both Mexico and the U.S. It represents the date of May 5, 1862, which celebrates the victory of the Mexican Army over France at the Battle of Puebla.

• Mother’s Day! (May 12th, 2024)

Mother’s Day falls on the second Sunday of every May. Mother’s Day was started by Anna Jarvis, who specifically asked that the holiday be Mother’s Day, and not Mothers’ Day, to honor your own mothers. Some popular Mother’s Day gifts are cards, jewelry, and/or flowers.

• Memorial Day! (May 27th, 2024)

This U.S. federal holiday is meant to honor all of the people who died while serving in the military. Memorial Day always falls on the last Monday of May. Memorial Day’s roots are in the Civil War, when it was formerly known as Decoration Day. (We also get a long weekend!)

Make sure to recognize and/or celebrate these special days in May! But wait! Let’s not forget the very important day of May 30 which is….. The last day of school!

The Wred Feather Newspaper Team hopes you have an amazing summer break!

View Comments (1)
About the Contributor
Naisha Kanchan
Naisha Kanchan, Staff Writer
Naisha is a 7th grader at Wredling Middle School. She likes to read and write!

Comments (1)

All Wredling RedHawk News Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• H

Haileigh PrillMay 23, 2024 at 2:36 pm

What a great edition added!!!

Reply