• We hope you enjoy our final edition of The Wred Feather Newspaper for the 2023-24 School Year!

The Wred Feather

The Student News Site of Wredling Middle School

The Wred Feather

The Wred Feather

Choir at Wredling

“Being part of Choir is an amazing experience that not only brings music to life but also creates a sense of community and belonging.”

Choir is one of many electives at Wredling. In Choir, we learn musical vocabulary, sing fun warmups, improve vocal quality, complete Blookets, and much more. On top of that, we sing fun songs and hang with friends, as long as we are on task. Choir also has extracurricular opportunities such as Hawk Chorus for boys and Treble Ensemble for girls.

Curricular Choir

6th, 7th, and 8th-grade curricular Choirs perform 3 times a year and learn 15 pieces of music in total, 5 for each concert. When performing songs in choir, the songs can range from a variety of moods to even different languages. On February 15th, we had our second concert of the year, which was Disney-themed. One thing I love about Choir is that you get to sing awesome music pieces, and it is an overall good time. Mrs. Bach says that she loves “working with students in all 3 grade levels and how [she has] many students for all 3 years of their middle school experience.” She also wants her students to “improve and have fun every day…but also to understand that developing talent takes time, dedication and hard work.”

Treble Ensemble and Hawk Chorus

According to a student I interviewed, in Treble Ensemble and Hawk Chorus, you have to “focus more, and pay even more attention to your voice when singing songs.” You have to focus more while singing in these extracurriculars, because unlike curricular Choir, Treble Ensemble, and Hawk Chorus compete against other choirs in competitions. Extracurricular Choirs are not only for singing but constantly improving and working to get better and better with each competition. Some students are so dedicated that they concentrate solely on Choir. Another difference from curricular Choir is that Treble Ensemble and Hawk Chorus have all three grade levels represented and members have to audition to get in. Also, Mrs. Bach says that the Treble Ensemble and Hawk Chorus “learn about 10 different pieces of music per year and work at a faster, more advanced pace than curricular Choir.” If you’re up for the challenge, I recommend you audition next year.

Conclusion

There is just something different about being in Choir. I’m also in Band, and I love playing awesome songs on my clarinet, but it feels different to sing amazing songs in Choir. At the end of the day, if you love singing, reading music, and having fun, Choir is the elective for you!

My thanks go to Maddie Frey and Mrs. Bach for participating in the creation of this article.

View Comments (3)
About the Contributor
Aria Han
Aria Han, Staff Writer
Hello! Aria Han is a writer in the Newspaper Club. She's a sixth grader that is very passionate about music and writing.

Comments (3)

All Wredling RedHawk News Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• K

Kaley KujanskiMar 7, 2024 at 4:22 pm

I love this article! It is well written!

Reply
  • M

Maddie FreyMar 7, 2024 at 3:52 pm

Awesome job!

Reply
  • H

Hannah PetersonMar 6, 2024 at 8:15 am

Great article!

Reply